Sunday, February 15, 2009

Calories are my Friend!

Well just finished my group work out which ended up a solo workout due to some switches by the trainer that didn't work for me... Anyway... I was pushed and pushed hard. Mike was right there for me encourging me that I could do it - thanks Mike! I wanted to die from time to time and in the end actually did throw up a few times! But that is the price one pays when they have neglected the temple that God created. Workouts continue to just plain and simply be painful. There is no easy way around it - no pain, no gain (or loss in this case.) I so often want to quit and go back to my old ways, but I can't disappoint my God who gave me this opportunity. I am still holding to my motto: "Pray through the Pain!" It has actually been a blessing for me to be able to do this. It takes the focus off me and gives me an added opportunity to think of others.

The mind frame that I have a hard time over coming is the thought that calories are not my enemy. I think that I am so conditions to count calories and limit how many I take in that I am actually afraid to eat! My trainer is reteaching me to believe that calories are the key to the success. If I don't eat enough, the pounds aren't coming off. On top of that I have to eat carbohydrates! And lots of them! For me it has been a trust factor. Trust that Mike knows what he is doing - no offense Mike. I have a difficult time with trusting people anyway. I am working SO HARD at this and have so much to loose (or not) by not getting in shape that I want to do everything just right in order to succeed. I know nothing about fitness and eating right so I feel powerless and at the mercy of others - another challenge for me! So I will continue to have faith and follow the course set before me. Each day is a new day and I am living it one day at a time for now. I count my blessings after each work out is over knowing that I made it through another day.

To all of you I say don't give up, Keep your eyes focused on the one who created you and know that He will carry you through all situations - even weight loss!

2 comments: