Saturday, January 31, 2009

Off and Running-Literally!

We met our team members today and had our first meeting with our trainer-Mike Miller. We had to weigh, take our measurements, and worst of all see our total body fat! That was a shocker! The good news is that it can only go down from here! The reality of the competition and what I have gotten into has all now set in. I am very excited and look forward to the pounds melting away, however I am nervous.
Right now my biggest challenges are time management (so I can fit in my workouts) and planning my meals. My trainer gave us a helpful must - he said he plans his meals for the meal and actually puts them together in little tupperware container! He suggested labeling one for each day. For me this will work great for my mornings and my lunches. I am always rushing and NEVER eat breakfast and ususally just grab school lunch or rely on a staff member that is going out to a fast food place. Mike Miller, my trainer also said that we have to allow ourselves to have a "cheat day". This is a day that we do just that - cheat on our healthy eating for a meal. (Notice I said "A" meal!) Mike says this is a must! Knowing that I can satisfy that craving once a week, will definately help!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kimberly, I too am excited about our "cheat meal". Stick with it, we will succeed!!!! Hope your workouts are going well!

    ReplyDelete